Fact: the cost of shipping is much lower for shot lots. This is due to the fact that a transport and logistics company takes several orders from customers at once and groups them into a one-way flow, so as to optimize freight costs.
WHY CHOOSE US?
WHAT IS LTL SHIPPING?
«LTL» is «Less-than-load» shipping. This term is used for the transportation of relatively small freight that occupies a portion of an entire trailer. These portions are consolidated on a logistics hub into one large consignment and sorted according to the direction of delivery. Only one freight vehicle is used for it, and it can be a railway rolling stock, an all-cargo aircraft, a load carrier vehicle, a sea craft.
Please, note: the LTL shipping is optimal only for a small load of freight, and never — for large stores, because of their rising price.
Consolidated cargo transportation is advantageous for retail companies that recently entered the market. They want to ascertain demand for their product and reduce logistics costs. As for middle-sized companies, they use it to increase their income. Large business needs it as well, to grab new export markets.
International consolidated cargo transportation often needs multimodal freight. Rail and sea transport are used to deliver goods to Korea, the USA, India, Japan, China. Motor transport is used to deliver goods to European countries: Poland, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Spain, Italy.
Registration of import and export
Certification and declaration of transported products
State control related to the transportation of various types of cargo across the border
ADVANTAGES FOR CUSTOMERS
- Cash savings on logistics, due to payment only for a lot according to its weight and volume.
- Prompt delivery and 100% keeping of delivery time.
- Broad geography delivery is possible worldwide. This is especially needed for companies doing business with foreign partners in the United States, Europe, and Southeast Asia.
- Trackability. Our freight services provide tracking shipments in real time.
- Flexibility. All the product groups can be delivered from any spot on Earth.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- We accept demands for consolidation and deal swiftly with them.
- The cargos are weighed, marked, scanned, sorted, and containerized.
- The lot sizes are sorted according to the one-way direction.
- The itinerary is elaborated; the shipping documentation package is prepared, as well as customs clearance paperwork is done.
- The cargo is shipped to the consignee depot.
CALCULATING LTL SHIPPING RATES
In order to generate accurate rates, we must weigh several important factors:
- Shipment specifications: dimensions and weights.
- Type of cargo.
- Pickup and delivery.
- Special requirements (oversized items, hazardous materials, perishable cargo).
Depending on delivery requirements and freight, less-than-truckload shipping is the best alternative for freight that doesn’t require a whole trailer. Order it in «GR8 Logistics». Call us to find out more: +1 (347) 576-5059.